Good examples are important in showing the user different ways of configuring and parameterising the model.
A single example file must be submitted by the model author. When it makes sense to do so it should contain:
- A short memo describing the model and example
- A simple simulation with good manager scripts that show a typical usage of the model. The report model should show the main outputs from the model. The example should also have one or more graphs showing model outputs.
- Additional simulations or experiments should be added that show the model in typical usage scenarios. These may include:
- a plant model in rotation with another plant model.
- a plant model that is intercropped with another plant model.
- a plant model being consumed by a plant consumer. This could be stock, a pest / disease or by using the SimpleGrazing model.